1. The promoters of this competition are Eurosport, (3, Rue Gaston et René Caudron - 92798 Issy les Moulineaux Cedex 9 – France). The competition is
called "King of the Road" (hereafter referred to as the "promotion"). The competition will run from June 30th to July 22nd 2012 via the Internet, on the following
2. By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. The Organising Company reserve the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. The Organising Company reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the website. All terms and conditions are published on the competition website, thereby giving entrants direct access to the full terms and conditions. These present rules are filed with SCP SIMONIN - LE MAREC - GUERRIER, 54, rue Taitbout 75009 PARIS, under whose control the various operations shall take place.
3. The present Rules shall be sent free of charge to anyone who asks the Organising Company for them at the following address: EUROSPORT- Services Jeux - 3, rue Gaston et René Caudron - 92798 ISSY-LES-MOULINEAUX Cedex 9 - France. The cost of the stamp for sending the request for the Rules shall be reimbursed at the French Post Office’s applicable ordinary rate by way of a reimbursement being requested from the Organising Company.
4. Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to local call charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access. No purchase necessary.
5. The promotion is open to any person residing in Europe, with the exception of those persons having a legal link with the Organising Company, and their families.
6. All participants must be aged 18 or over.
7. Entrants must play the cycling game to achieve a score. They are then asked whether they wish to submit their score. Entrants must submit their score, tick the box to confirm they have read the terms and conditions agreement and fill in the data entry form and opt-in.
8. The winner will be drawn in a prize draw from all successful completed entries.
9. An individual may only submit one entry for the prize draw, although they may play the game as many times as they wish.
10. Once a Winner has been drawn, the Organising Company shall contact the Winner by email not later than 10 (ten) days after the closing of the Competition. If the selected winner has not responded within 7 (seven) days the Organising Company reserves the right to draw a new winner.
11. Competitors are fully liable for the validity of the information that they give at the time of their entry, in particular of their email addresses.
12. The prize shall be made available as quickly as possible after the results have been given and the Winner has been declared. Under no circumstances may the Organising Company be held liable for delays in making the prize available or a selected winner being unable to claim the prizes, with regard to circumstances beyond the control of either organisation, including prizes being lost and/or damaged by the postal authorities or by any other similar third party service provider. In the event that the prizes cannot be sent by post, the conditions under which they may be collected shall be specified to the Winners by any means at the convenience of the Organising Company.
13. By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by the Organising Company. This option may not constitute an obligation incumbent on the Organising Company.
14. Pursuant to the provisions of Article 26 of Law No. 78-17 of 6th January 1978 relating to data-processing, to files, and to civil liberties, Competitors enjoy a right of access to the computer files concerning them and a right to rectify the data concerning them, and they may ask for their details to be struck off and no longer disclosed to third parties. Such a request may be made by ordinary letter to the Organising Company: EUROSPORT - Services Jeux - 3, rue Gaston et René Caudron - 92798 ISSY-LES-MOULINEAUX Cedex 9 – France. The automated processing of the named data of the Winners has been declared by the Organising Company to the Commission Nationale Informatique et Libertés (National Commission for Data-Processing and Civil Liberties).
15. Since the Competition should not entail any cost for the Competitor, the Organising Company shall reimburse any expenses related directly to taking part in the Competition (costs of connection to the Site www.eurosport-kingoftheroad.com only) to any Competitor who so requests.
16. The written request shall be sent, within a time limit of 45 days following the participation of the Competitor (as evidenced by the postmark), to EUROSPORT, Services Jeux - 3, rue Gaston et René Caudron - 92798 ISSY-LES-MOULINEAUX Cedex 9 - France, accompanied by evidence of the Competitor’s identity, evidence of the expenses incurred (copy of an invoice etc...), and bank account or postal account details.
17. The reimbursement of the Internet connection is calculated on the basis of four minutes of local-rate peak-time call (average time of connection to the Site in order to take part). Competitors using unlimited Internet connections of the subscription package type (ADSL (broadband), cable, leased lines, etc.) may not obtain reimbursement of their Internet connection time on the above-mentioned terms, since the connection to the Site www.eurosport- kingoftheroad.com in order to take part in the Competition generates no financial payment incumbent upon them.
18. Any request for reimbursement shall be processed within a maximum time limit of two months after receiving all of the requested information, and reimbursement shall be by bank transfer.
19. The postal expenses entailed by the reimbursement request may be reimbursed on written request enclosed with the request for reimbursement, at the ordinary rate applicable at the time of the request.
20. The Organising Company reserves the right to check the validity of the requests by any means and to reject any incorrect or incomplete request. Only one request for reimbursement per Competitor and per Competition shall be accepted.
21. The prizes consist of 1 (one) signed Team Sky Jersey with authenticity certificate or 1 (one) of 115 (one hundred and fifteen) monthly subscriptions to Eurosport Player, the value of which is £4.99.
22. The prize cannot be sold or exchanged for cash, goods or services, unless specifically agreed in writing by the Promoter.
23. The prize shall be accepted as announced.
24. The Organising Company cannot be held responsible for any incidents or injury that may arise due to enjoyment of the prize and/or due to use thereof, and this is recognised expressly by the Winner. The Winner therefore waives the right to any claim and any recourse against the Organising.
25. The Organising Company may not be held responsible for any total or partial malfunctions of the Internet that might or might not have given rise to failures in administration, security, input, integrity, or management of the Competition. In particular, they may not be declared responsible for any error, omission, imperfection, interruption, deletion, transmission delay, failure of communication and connection circuits, destruction, damage, or technical failure of the fixed or mobile terminal of the Competitor, or for any other problem relating to telecommunications networks, to on-line mobile terminals and computers, or to servers or access providers.
26. The Organising Company reserves the right to exclude any person disturbing the progress of the Competition, from taking part in the Competition. It reserves the right to take legal action against anyone who has cheated, defrauded, manipulated or disturbed the competition or who has attempted to do so. A winner who has cheated shall automatically forfeit any right to obtain any prize.
27. The Organising Company reserves the right, for reasons of force majeure, to shorten, extend, or cancel the present Competition in part or in full if required. It may not be held liable in such a case. Prior notice of such changes may however be given by any suitable means.
28. In the event of force majeure, of unforeseeable circumstances, or of exceptional circumstances (fire, flood, natural disaster, ill-intended intrusion into the computer system, strike, calling into question of the financial and technical equilibrium of the Competition, etc.), and even if such circumstances are its own responsibility (subject to it having acted in good faith), the Organising Company may terminate the Competition in full or in part. The present Competition shall be cancelled in the event of winding-up of the Organising Company, or in the event of force majeure, without the Competitors or the Winner being entitled to claim any compensation in that regard. The Rules may be altered at any time by the Organising Company, in compliance with the principles set forth above in this respect.
29. Checks and Reservations: Any information disclosed by the Competitors and by the Winner, in particular their details, shall be considered as null and void and shall not be taken into consideration if it includes an anomaly.
30. Any cases not provided for by the Rules shall be settled as a last resort by the Organising Company. The Organising Company may not be held liable for harm of any type (personal, physical, material, financial, or other harm) arising during the course of participation of a Competitor in the Competition.
31. The present Rules are governed by French Law.
32. In order to be taken into account, any dispute or objection relating to the Competition shall be made at the latest thirty (30) days as from the closure of the disputed Competition Session, in writing only and sent to the following address:
Société Eurosport SA
3, rue René et Gaston Caudron
92798 Issy-Les-Moulineaux Cedex 9
33. The Organising Company shall decide on any matter relating to application of the present Rules or not settled by them. Except for cases of fraud by the Competitors, any dispute that might arise during performance of the present Rules shall be settled preferably out of court between the Organising Company and the Competitor.
34. Any dispute that might arise on interpreting the present Rules shall be referred expressly to French Law and to the sovereign judgement of the Organising Company, and, as a last resort, to the judgement of the competent Courts of the jurisdiction of the Paris Appeals Court.